2. I'm not really a "new year, new me" kind of person but I decided that 2016 would be the year I cooked more - new recipes and fresh meals rather than frozen food. I've been loving Binny's kitchen tofu stir fry, roasted stuffed butternut squash and avocado chips (switching egg from coconut oil to make them vegan friendly)
3. I met up with Tara and Sophie and we went to the Underground Cinema Club to see Diary of a Teenage Girl. The cinema itself was really cool - I loved that we got to hear the film through headphones rather than having to listen to people munching popcorn and whispering! The film itself was OK - imagine if Juno met Thirteen but with a dark side that I struggled with. Whilst on our blogger meet up in London, we also headed over to Kings Cross to see the Lumiere Lights festival.
4. A second cinema trip, this time with Juan to see Room before. I hadn't read up on the plot or read the book and it was truly unique - a must see indie film.
5. As Juan is currently in Peru, we spent lots of quality time together before he headed out. We visited a local farm and fed goats, sheep and alpacas.
6. I was lucky enough to grab tickets to see one of my favourite bands at the Old Blue Last. Glassjaw played an hour set at this one-off headline show, as a warm up for their tour of the UK supporting Coheed and Cambria. Just 150 of us were treated to 8 classics, new leaked song "New White Extremity" and then 6 brand new, never heard before tracks.
The Diary of a Teenage Girl
The Danish Girl
I've been listening to:
Hinds - Leave Me Alone
Tennis - Ritual in Repeat
Glassjaw - Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence
I've been reading:
Girl in a Band - Kim Gordon
Animal Farm - George Orwell
Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter