Now the movement is in full force, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to talk about what I do for exercise and why it's awesome. Here are my 10 reasons to play netball:
1. It's social - If you join a team and attend practices you meet so many new people and potential to make new friends. My team is currently planning our first social!
2. It's competitive - Wanting to win helps get your adrenaline going and matches enable you to let off steam in a positive way.
3. Great exercise - Constantly being on the move, throwing the ball and stretching and keeping your balance when whilst trying to intercept passes all helps get your muscles stretched and heart beat going.
4. It's cheaper than the gym - Membership for a year tends to be around £150 a year which works out at generally half what you'd be paying for subscription to a gyms and that's for a competing team. I play socially and pay £2 for 90 mins and £1.50 for 60 min sessions - a steal!
5. Caters for all - No matter what age or the build of your body, there is a place for you on a netball team. Petite women are sometimes favoured as centre court players, whilst taller girls can make great goal attack and goal defence. If you aren't a massive fan of running around, constantly you could be well suited as goal keeper or goal shooter.
6. Life skills - Putting that you're a netball player on your CV will help boost it as it can help support the notion that you work well in a team.
7. Girl Power - It's one of the very few sports out there where women are the bosses and men aren't the focus.
8. You can earn money - Being an umpire is a paid role. Getting to watch your favourite sport and call the shots whilst getting paid for it? Sounds good to me.
9. Travel - If you choose to compete seriously you get the chance to travel around the country, sometimes the world playing your sport, pretty cool huh?
10. IT'S FUN.
Bloglovin / Instagram / Twitter